Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Arrived with My Pants On

I was roused out of sleep this morning by the smell of hot pancakes and peaches to go on them. Mom had unselfishly gotten out of bed twenty or so minutes earlier to ensure that Kurt and I would have the best, first day of school, breakfast ever! This started my day off with quite the bang, and proving my dream false. I had oodles of time to get dressed, do my hair, and vigorously brush my teeth.
I arrived at school with loads of time on my hands to get my new schedule and such. When I received my schedule I realized that I didn't have and first period and would have to wait the forty-five minutes until second period began. This was the only part of my whole day where I actually had to think: Should I just go home or should I just go wait in the library? I finally came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to waste gas, and if I walked by the time I got home I would have to turn right around and come back. So instead went into one of my previous teacher's class room and asked if I could sit in the back, instead of sitting in the hallway and feeling like a dork for arriving to school WAY to early. He said that would be fine, so I commenced my sitting.
Today was an A/B day so I attended all of my classes, got a ginormous amount of things that require mom's signature before I can hand them back in, and learned that my Novels class has the potential to be super fun.
All in all the day was a success. My dream, fortunately, turned out to be false. What a relief it was when I got home and everything was normal and as it should be.
It was a blast to be able to see Kurt almost all day, and ask him how things were going. It's so fun to be in the same school with one of my siblings!

Maybe this year won't be to bad....Things are definitely looking up!



Oh and p.s. Dad says the truck could possibly be a girl. And that it's name fits her quite well. He did, however, get a kick out of the fact that Tennessee and Ty picked Evelyn, and wondered where in the world that name came from, honestly I couldn't tell ya!

2 comments:

Laura's Lyrical Life said...

lol Rusti you are way funny! I love your blog and all the things you write in it!! And I'm glad your school year started well.. mine starts in a few days - let's hope it goes as well!
~Laura

Camille said...

I loved these two posts. I remember those dreams. They don't ever stop. Just wait until you go to a job interview with no pants... that's intense! I hope you have a fun school year. Keep us posted!