Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ack... The Summer is Over


I awoke this morning with a jolt, still in that "I want to still be asleep" mode, I remembered my dream , which consisted of this (and explains why I woke up so quickly): I arrive late to the first day of school, wandering aimlessly in the halls because I can't find my locker, and it just so happens I have misplaced my schedule (which i haven't taken the time to memorize, because honestly who does that?), my day goes about in flashes and blurs until I get home a realize that I am still in my PJ's ,my hair isn't done( think Medusa), and I haven't brushed my teeth( picture Esma in Emperor's New Grove).
What a doosy of a dream Eh? Why is it that in dreams you never realize this stuff until the end? Like: you never notice you don't have pants on until you're already at school, or that your zipper has been down all day and your mom tells you when you walk in the door 6 hours later, or you have food in your teeth?
I don't feel nervous for school to start, but apparently my subconscious is.
Or maybe it's the fact that today is the last day of my last summer..... and I did nothing spectacular, nothing amazing!! But come to think of it, I did have a good time and the day is still young.
After shaking off my nightmarish dream I got out of bed and thoroughly brushed my teeth, showered and got somewhat ready for the day. The Tolman kids came to play, and while they were here they helped me wash the truck, and give it a name. Tennessee thought that it deserved one and was appalled that it hadn't yet acquired one. We named it Evelyn, I don't really know if it will stick or if it even sounds 50's enough. Wait a minute...... is the truck even a GIRL??? Guess I'll have to ask dad on that one. I suppose if all else fails at least the truck is beautifully shiny and sparkling clean.
Mom is letting us drive the truck to school for the first day, so even if my dream comes true, I will be ridin' is style!
Thinking outside the box, so to speak, my dream could just be a forecast of the future. Being late could be a warning that since I actually have to get up at six o'clock and I haven't done that for the last three months, that tomorrow I very well could sleep through my alarm, rush through my morning "school" routine and have my day turn out to be, hopefully not as disastrous as my dream, but somewhere mildly close.
I shall have to see.... so until tomorrow, sweet dreams!

No comments: