I had the opportunity to go on my senior trip with the parents.
Day One:
I had to opportunity to see my newest niece Lyndi May about 45 minutes after she arrived!
(I am a proud aunty of 20 now!!)
Day Two:
We (mom, dad and I) headed out to Wyoming, ended up in Rock Springs, ate dinner and saw the movie The Express. It follows the extraordinary life of college football hero Ernie Davis, the first African-American to win the Heisman Trophy. It was and good movie and I liked it.
Day Three:
We visited Martin's Cove, and had to opportunity to see the museum there. The temperature was about 28 degrees and there was a thin layer of snow on the ground. But the place was still beautiful and way worth the visit.
After taking some pics and such we continued on our way to Mt. Rushmore. Which was extraordinary. It was so worth the trip. I think I could of sat on the railing all day and stared at it. Wow. Yup, Wow.
Day Four: One our way to Burke and Rivka's house, somewhere in South Dakota, we stopped in a town called Mitchell, we saw a building, called the Corn Palace (take a look at the picture and you'll see why) The outside, and some of the inside, of the building is decorated with corn. All the parts of corn, it was quite the thing to see. The pictures change every year, as you can see in the picture on the right they are still in the middle of finishing the picture.
After many hours of crazy sight seeing, sitting in the car and listening to books on Cd, we arrived at Burke and Rivka's house on Wednesday night.
This is not the end of the trip, it's still just to beginning. I will blog the rest when I get the rest of the pictures downloaded and such.
3 comments:
sorry, but i don't think "tripidge" is a word! thought you'd like to know :) ha ha jen
Wow! Sounds like TONS of fun! I can't believe you have 20 nieces and nephews! Wow! I only have two! lol :)
~Laura
(btw i am on my sister's account.. LOL)
Post a Comment