I love classical movies. I can't recall when this loved first blossomed, it just did. Maybe because growing up I was watching movies like My Fair Lady, Sound of Music, Singing in the Rain, State Fair, It's a Wonderful Life, Mary Poppins, and such. I have always loved the way those movies made me feel afterward. All cheesy and happy, moseying up stairs with a huge dorky grin on my face.
Recently I have be introduced to a plethora of Cary Grant movies, I have enjoyed most of them, my favorites are: The Bachelor and the Bobbysocker, Walk don't Run, I was a Male War Bride, Philadelphia Story, Houseboat, Father Goose, and some others.
But I also enjoy a couple Audrey Hepburn movies, the one I already spoke of My Fair Lady, and Breakfast at Tiffany's.
I have also seen some Jimmy Stewart ones, Rope was a pretty interesting one. Also Harvey, that one made me laugh!I can't think of a better way to spend a rain day or even just a lazy afternoon.
So, due to this sudden desire the watch the classics, I have started my collection. For my birthday mom bought me, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and HouseBoat. I can't wait for the day when my collection includes all of my favorites.
I am always on the look for more, so if any one has any favorite, or suggestions, movies that I could become acquainted with I would love the hear them!!
I know I have seen way more movies, I just can't think of them at this moment. Plus I thought it would be quite boring to have to read through all of the Classics that I have seen. I just listed the ones I could remember off the top of my head that I remember enjoying.
1 comment:
I'm jealous of your collection already! You NEED to see Charade. Carey Grant, Audrey Hepburn...directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Get on it!
Post a Comment