Monday, July 28, 2008

Rainstorms in the Desert

I love summer rain storms. The rain presents the most perfect break to the blistering summer heat. Not only that, but lightning and thunder (from a distance of course) are so amazing.
The other day it rained in St. George. Actually it rained randomly for a couple of days. The first day it rained all night, making it quite hard for me to sleep because I wanted to stay up and watch it. It didn't matter if you shut the door, or window it was still so loud. The wind was crazy, pounding on the walls so that having a quiet conversation would of been almost impossible.
McKenzie, at first, was pretty scared. So I told her the all of the stories that were told to me about the rain.
I remember one particular night in Brigham City when a storm was raging, Shannon and I were hiding inside while everyone else was playing in rain, sliding down the gutter and such, when Greg took the time to tell us that it was merely the angels in heaven bowling. When the story was finished Shannon and I went to go play in the rain and sliding down the gutters, no longer afraid of the storm.
Since there are no gutters as deep as the ones that were in Brigham City, in St. George, Mandy, McKenzie and I just watch from the porch oooohing and aaahhing as the rain came pouring down and as the lightning turned the sky a beautiful purple-blue.
I say you haven't fully lived life until you have experienced a desert rainstorm.
( In this picture you can't really see the rain, but it really was coming down)

3 comments:

katy said...

I guess angels bowling in heaven sure beats the fingernail story...I'm suprised he told a story that wasn't scary!

Laura's Lyrical Life said...

Heya Rusti! Long time no hear? lol I love your blog! and I LOVE rainstorms in St. George summers! the heat there can get pretty bad! lol I had no idea you were in St. George! That's cool! hey maybe you could come to the TP reunion in a couple weeks???
~Laura

Anonymous said...

Rusti if you want to get to 100 you better start posting more than once a month! :)